YOUTH CARE WORKERS
Youth Care Workers are responsible for the general supervision, daily living support, behavioural intervention and crisis management of clients. Youth care workers should possess knowledge and skill in:
- establishing a rapport with children
- assisting and motivating clients to make positive changes
- understanding child and adolescent growth and development
- communicating effectively in a professional relationship with children and their families
- planning and implementing therapeutic activities
- working collaboratively with other individuals involved in the case plan
Youth Care Workers are required to have a minimum of two years post-secondary education in a related field. Preference is given to candidates with experience working with adolescents in a residential care setting. Consideration is also given to professional development attainments (i.e. Standard First Aid, Crisis Intervention, Suicide Intervention, Counselling Skills etc.).
If you wish to submit an application for consideration, please e-mail your resume to [email protected]
Resumes are kept on file for a period of 6 months. We thank all applicants for their interest in our agency, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.